Every month I compile a list of new releases with L.A. authors or L.A. topics for LAmag.com. April was the month of the actress memoir — Shirley MacLaine, Ashley Judd, Barbara Eden, and Geri Jewell all recalled their lives on and off the screen. If legal thrillers are your thing, don’t miss Marcia Clark’s debut (yes, that Marcia Clark), or if you need a good cry, check out Matthew Logelin’s memoir about his first year as a single dad after his wife’s death.
- Check It: Our Favorite Kids’ Books on Pinterest!
- Dirty Words in Deadwood
- 2012 Festival of Books: The Ties That Bind
- 2012 Festival of Books: Opening Notes & Lobstarolls
- Mira Bartók: The Memory Palace & Jenny Lawson: Let’s Pretend This Never Happened
- Cheryl Strayed: Wild
- Dan Chaon: Stay Awake
- Shalom Auslander: Hope: A Tragedy
- Launch Day!
- Coming Soon: New Book Blog
- Ned Zeman: The Rules of the Tunnel
- Dana Spiotta: Stone Arabia
- Samuel Park: This Burns My Heart
- Reading List: July 2011
- Sugar Ray Leonard: The Big Fight
- Mark Seal: The Man in the Rockefeller Suit
- Reading List: June 2011
- Lisa See: Dreams of Joy
- Reading List: May 2011
- Emma Forrest: Your Voice in My Head
TagsAuthor Spotlights Biography Book News Books children's books Crime Fiction Essays Events Festival of Books Fiction Gothic Novels History Hollywood LAmag.com Los Angeles Los Angeles magazine Magical Realism Memoir My LA to Z Nineteenth Century Literature Noir Nonfiction Novels Other Writings Politics Reading Lists reviews Science Fiction Short Stories Sports Spot Ons wendywitherspoon.com news Western American Literature